We all suffered from the most common health problem that is Cough.Though Coughing is not a serious health problem but sometimes it makes our feeling disgusting. Generally we take cough syrup when we suffered to it. But, are you aware of that, some simple things in your kitchen might help you to cure your coughing problem.
Cough can be causes from various kinds of action like due to cold, viral infections or sometimes smoking may be responsible for cough problem. Anyway, here in this post i will tell you some home remedies for your cough problem that really help you to cure it. Take a look here.
Home Remedies for Cough:
Here are some effective home remedies for cough that you must try to cure this health problem.
Gargle is the most effective remedy for cough and in most of the cases it really works. If you have other health problems like tuberculosis, asthma or lung cancer then you should consult with the physician first regarding cough problem, otherwise in normal cases it is really an effective remedy.
Its very simple to do. Put some amount of salt (1/2 teaspoon) on a glass of warm water and mix it. Now Gargle this mixture 3/4 times a day or whenever it is possible.
Turmeric is another good option to cure your coughing problem, specially it works best on dry cough. It has numbers of uses as a home remedy of cough.
- Put some turmeric powder (half teaspoon) on a hot glass of milk and mix it. Now drink this hot milk mixture. It will surely help you to cure your dry cough.
- Also you can use turmeric gargles to cure this health issue. Take a cup of hot water, put some turmeric powder probably half teaspoon and some salt to it and mix it well. Now use take mixture and gargle it regularly. It will help you to cure your couch problem.
- Another use of turmeric is to make a herbal tea. To make it take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of carom seeds in a cup of hot water and boil this mixture. Now, add some amount of honey to it and drink this 2/3 times a day.
Honey is the mostly preferred home remedy for cough and have been uses for many years. It is the best Ayurvedic remedy too since used by our ancestors. It may be a best remedy of dry cough when used with a grape’s juice.
Also take a glass of hot milk and put some honey in it and mix it well. Now drink this milk at night before going to bed. You will feel a great relief when woke up at the next morning. Another way is mix some lemon juice in honey to a warm glass of water and drink it 2/3 times a day.
Another best home remedy for cough is Ginger.
- To get relief from dry cough, simply cut a piece of ginger and spray some salt on it and chew it for few minutes. It will really help you.
- Another way is, cut a small pieces of ginger and slightly squeeze it. Now bring them in a cup of water and boil it. After that drink that mixture 3/4 times a day to relief from cough.
Garlic has an anti-bacterial property that helps to cure your health problems like cough. Now to take its advantages, take 2/3 cloves of garlic piece and boil it on a cup of water. Now add some amount of oregano to it. Now allow this mixture to remain cool at room temperature. After that drink this mixture with adding some amount of honey in it.
Another home remedy of cough is Carrot juice. To make carrot juice take a 4/5 carrots in a bowl of water and boil it well so that the onions are diluted fully in to the water. Now add 1 teaspoon of honey to that mixture and drink it 3/4 times a day.This will help you to improve your cough problem.
Lemon juice with some amount of honey could be a great remedy to cough problem. Now drink this mixture as much time as you can. It will surely help you.
These are the best home remedy options that you may take to cure your Cough problem. But if you take OTC (over the counter) medication along with these options, it will effect faster.
Note: If you having cough problem more than a week, then its better to contact with a specialist physician as precaution is better than cure.