The sun’s heat is going to be higher day by day as summer approaches. The increase in UV rays can affect your skin directly. So you need to apply a sunscreen lotion before you going for an outing. Sunscreen lotion helps to protect your skin from direct sun’s radiation. Buying a sunscreen lotion which has been testified safe for skin will helps you to protect your skin from harmful UV rays without any side effects.
Often people get the wrong sunscreen lotion. It can cause skin diseases like rash, allergies and even cancer on prolonging use. So here, I am going to show you how to use sunscreen lotion and precautions to give you the right information about the sunscreen that will suit you the most.
What is sunscreen lotion
Sunscreen lotion is a paste of different ingredients like Oxybenzone, Avobenzone, Zinc oxide/titanium dioxide, octinoxate, octisalate, octocrylene, homosalate which can help to protect your skin from the harmful UVB sun rays. SPF in sunscreen lotion stands for sun protection factor, the more the SPF the thicker will be the Sunscreen. Many dermatologists suggest using sunscreen lotion higher than SPF 15+ and SPF 30+ lotion depending on the place you live in.
Applying sunscreen lotion on your skin can protect your skin from sunburn, skin cancer, dullness and so many more skin related effect from extreme UV rays from the sun. The elements of the sunscreen lotion can prevent our skin from the harmful radiation. There are many types of sunscreen like gel, lotion, cream spray, foundation, etc.
Read About: All About Amazing Turmeric Benefits and Uses
How to use sunscreen lotion:
Sunscreen lotion is safe and can protect your skin from harmful UV rays which are cause serious skin diseases. So here are few important steps to follow to get a healthy and fresh skin while using sunscreen.
- Apply thoroughly: Before you going anywhere you need to use the sunscreen lotion thoroughly. Otherwise, it will not give you a proper protection from the sun rays. Sunscreen lotion will take nearly 10-15 minutes to absorb into your skin to protect your skin from the UV rays effectively. For your full body, you have to take at least 30-32gm sunscreen lotion to protect your skin when you are going to a beach on a sunny day.
- Use sufficient lotion: You need to carry enough sunscreen lotion for your body too. Don’t just apply on your face directly. Before you apply sunscreen lotion on your face, you must apply a moisturizer cream. Apply a thick layer of moisturizer which will protect your skin from the sunscreens chemicals and moisturize your skin in the same process.
- Use it daily: Sometimes people get too careless about themselves and don’t use sunscreen daily. You must apply this lotion daily to save your skin from sunburn or dullness by extreme sun rays. Your skin can be very vulnerable to even the slightest increase in UV index.
- Reapply your sunscreen lotion: There are some sunscreen lotions which becomes unstable and becomes ineffective eventually. So you need to reapply your sunscreen lotion whenever it stops working. You will feel your skin getting warmer than usual when the sunscreen stops working.
- Touch up some Makeup: If you apply sunscreen and then go for lunch at morning and planning to stay out all day long, you need to touch up with some mineral based makeup or powder which has SPF component.
Choosing the Right Sunscreen:
Choosing the right sunscreen is important. Using a sunscreen lotion with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide together will give you an extra coverage from the sunburn.
Before using a sunscreen, you must testify whether the sunscreen is suitable for your skin or not. So now I am going to suggest you some noticeable points that you need to keep in mind before and while using any sunscreen.
Changing Season Problems: Quick Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Cold Sores
- Choosing a right sunscreen: You must have the right sunscreen lotion to apply on your skin. SPF factor matters as it is responsible for blocking the UVB rays. American dermatologist recommends using at least SPF 15 or 30 for better safety.
- Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen: Some sunscreen doesn’t have broad-spectrum component. SPF can only block the UVB rays which can cause skin burn. But a broad spectrum lotion can protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Look for water resistance in sunscreen lotion: Our body expel water through sweating, so we must know the water resistance of the sunscreen lotion. You can reapply the lotion after40-50 minutes if your sunscreen isn’t water resistant.
Applying sunscreen is not enough to save yourself from sunburn, you must follow some noticeable things whether the sunscreen suits you. Some people fail to notice, how to use sunscreen and what they should not do after applying the sunscreen lotion. Here are some precaution of using sunscreen lotion.
Precaution of using Sunscreen Lotion:
- High SPF may not be worth all the time and sometime it is just a waste of money. You can use at least SPF 15 or SPF 30, if you are going to use higher SPF sunscreen you must consult with a doctor. Using SPF 15 or SPF 30 gives sunburn protection with the wellness whereas user SPF can cause skin suffocation.
- A sunscreen lotion can block the Vitamin D from reaching inside the skin. So on a mild sunny day, just carry a scarf or an umbrella to get that essential Vitamin D.
- To get a full protection, you must apply the lotion at least half an hour ago before going anywhere.
- Do not use the sunscreen lotion directly on your face. Apply a moisturizer before you are going to use sunscreen.
Using sunscreen lotion before at least 15-20 minutes can protect your skin from the dangerous UVA and UVB rays. You can apply the sunscreen spray when you are at the beach too. Sunscreen lotion should be used on legs, ears. Neck, hands which are occasionally the most exposed skin patches.
And so with these tips, you are now ready to go out even on a sunny afternoon and enjoy a walk at the beach or out hiking.
You May Want to Read About: How to Consume Grapefruit for Maximum Health Benefits